Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Just wondering..

  1. #31
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Just wondering..

    Too tough ,only one seam and too far to haul the coal, Powell Mountain in St Charles was the last buyer I knew of and at 14 dollars a ton, it was tough. If Scott Co had another seam , it would be easier. The place lays on it's side, the Creek was almost impossible to mine. It is the deepest of the seams and the only one in the county. They had a small washer at the bottom of the hill, helped with the haul as clean coal is just coal ,no reject. If the goverment would let them, there is a pretty good boundary on the JNF. Probably, with the price of coal , you could make money mining and selling house coal, locally. It would be seasonal and hard to fund, to start.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just wondering..

    I just did a basic google search for coal mines in Scott Co. and that is what came up.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #33
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Just wondering..

    It was a trick question on my part [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I already knew the answer, cause even if I'm pretty happy where I'm at, I'd move for enough money. Know enough people to let me know if somebody went in on the Government JNF. It is what coal has been removed since the 19-teens. But it takes a man to tell the truth, thanks.
    Some would insist that knew all about it.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just wondering..

    I definitely don't know as much about the coal industry and the whereabouts of mines in the region as you do and I don't mind admitting it. I couldn't think of any mines in Scott so I had to google it and that came from the Powell River project website and was the only one they listed for Scott.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #35
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Just wondering..

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I'll come see you, next time I tear up a car to where I can't fix it. MMM you did say that was what you did, wasn't it?

  6. #36
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just wondering..

    If I can't fix it I will make it to noone else can either. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Just wondering..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I can't fix it I will make it to noone else can either. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] </div></div>
    I really like you....but I can do that . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Just wondering..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I can't fix it I will make it to noone else can either. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] </div></div>
    I really like you....but I can do that . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>


    Yeah but I will charge you for it so you feel like you got something.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Just wondering..

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I can't fix it I will make it to noone else can either. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img] </div></div>
    I really like you....but I can do that . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>


    Yeah but I will charge you for it so you feel like you got something. </div></div>
    Got any more ideas? I tried that at work, and Arch didn't seem to see the humor- and somewhere yesterday, I saw an ad for mining in Scott Co,Va. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •